If you are an entrepreneur, investor, executive or the representative of a business or trade association, PRPI can offer you the following:
- Providing an independent online portal where you can learn about the opportunities and challenges for trade and investment presented by the Arctic and, in some cases, the Antarctic; read analysis and commentary about relevant developments in the mining, energy, shipping, fisheries, tourism, ICT and other sectors; and learn from the experiences of other businesses operating in the regions;
- Connecting you with leading academics, experts and analysts from across the disciplines so you can stay abreast with the progress being made within the research community; find and access the most relevant opportunities in the most effective and responsible way; integrate research findings and stewardship considerations into your business decisions; identify and adopt best practices; and commission high-quality reports and analyses;
- Establishing strong business-to-business, business-to-consumer, business-to-investor, and business-to-community connections between Arctic states (Canada, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Russia, Sweden and the US) and key Commonwealth states (especially the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, Singapore and Malaysia) to facilitate greater and more responsible trade and investment;
- Helping UK and Commonwealth companies looking to trade with or invest in the Arctic, and Arctic businesses looking to trade with or invest in the UK and Commonwealth, to better understand the business environment in their target markets, such as regulatory processes and government policies, credit accessibility, wealth distribution, market size and segmentation, political risks, and various social, technological and environmental factors;
- Assisting you to engage more effectively with governments, intergovernmental organisations, embassies, NGOs, indigenous peoples’ organisations, universities, think-tanks, the media and community stakeholders; provide inputs to consultations; seek inputs from stakeholders; improve contributions in trade fairs, workshops and conferences; and make new business relationships through our networking events;
- Empowering businesses and institutions to meet the environmental agreements of Paris COP 21, through the provision of sustainability consultancy services and by exploring the manifold commercial opportunities for tackling climate change.